Are you thinking about running your own membership website?
What most likely attracted you to start your own membership site is it’s residual income opportunity.
You get members paying you every single month rather than a one off purchase. It’s powerful.
The biggest problem I honestly think that’s is stopping people from starting their own membership site is coming up with an idea.
Are These Reasons Stopping You From Starting Your Own Membership Site?
- What type of membership site should I run?
- What content should I provide?
- How do I come up with great content?
- How do I make sure I’m giving lots of value to keep members paying me?
It’s easy to get turned off because of these questions.
When I first heard about membership sites, I didn’t have a clue as to what I should provide inside the members area. I knew I wanted a more stable source of income rather than promoting product after product.
Questions To Ask Yourself To Brainstorm Membership Site Ideas
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you brainstorm some membership site ideas:
- “What content do I already have which could be re-purposed?”
- “What am I an expert in?”
- “What is a subject I love talking about so much that I would never run out of topics to talk about?”
- “What do a lot of people ask me about?”
- “Why do people I’ve never spoken to in a while call me out of the blue?”. In most cases, it’s because they need your help on a particular “thing” you know a lot about.
5 Membership Site Ideas You Can Model
Now that that exercise got your brain jogging, here are the types of membership sites you could potentially start:
- Provide a special report/case study/interview every month. It doesn’t matter what niche you’re in, you can provide a valuable report, case study or interview inside your membership area.
- Provide a product or products your members can resell every month. This, of course, would attract resellers and Internet marketers who want to profit from ready-made products. It’s a model that’s worked great for me since I create and sell private label rights products.
- SaaS site or also known as Software-As-A-Service website. You’ve seen them around. Basically it can be a tool that is used by logging into their website. For example, ViralPLR is a website Frank Bauer and I created where members sign up to get a new, resellable product every month.
They can then use our tools to customize the product with their details. This is a membership site that provides a service. This type of membership site does take more time, effort and money to start and maintain because of the development costs and running expenses. It really depends how complex you want it to be.
- Drip-fed membership site or also known as a micro membership site. This is not so much an idea but rather a membership mechanism for running your membership site. It’s surely my favorite type of membership site to run because it’s so easy, fast, low cost and requires very little maintenance.The concept of a drip-feed membership site is that you pre-load content, just like an autoresponder. In fact, you use an autoresponder to deliver your content. That way, you don’t need membership scripts and worry about all those technical parts.
- Community/social based membership site. With this type of membership site, you setup some type of social platform, like a forum. Your members will get access to your forum, and it’s a great way to communicate closely with your members. Alternatively, you could setup a private Google+ Community and only invite those who have access. This would be ideal if you want to setup some type of mastermind/inner circle group.
You could even combine the methods above to deliver a crazy membership site providing a ton of value.
Of course, take into consideration that you shouldn’t over-commit otherwise you’d be pressured to always making sure you have content in your membership, and content that’s top stuff.
Besides, isn’t the point of creating a membership site to give you that freedom?
With which ever membership idea you go for, top it up with some cool bonuses, and your members will be happy campers 🙂
I hope that’s given you some inspiration and ideas to starting your own profitable membership site.
Be sure to view my other related post: How To Create Your Very Own Micro Membership Site And Make Passive, Recurring Income.
I’d love to stay connected with you. Click the Like button below to be the first to know of my latest posts, tips and news: